free website stats program Garmin zumo 660 | Harley Davidson Forums

Garmin zumo 660

plumcrazeman

Hi.
Just installed the Garmin Zumo 660. Ran wires under tank consol.Should i hook the wires right to the battery or to an acc.power?Wondering where you hooked into?And where to put the Mic. and earphone jacks.It's on a 2010 R.G.

only if you use an inline fuse.
I took power from the lead off of the headlight, no need to run from the fairing to the battery. u probably want a switch if you run from the battery, or make sure you turn it off before you start/stop the engine each time.
I ran the lead into the aux input for the radio and use the aux mode, I've seen a link somewhere moving the port to the back of the radio for a cleaner install, but it looks like a half-day affair taking the radio apart and re-soldering a few things.

I just installed the Zumo 550 on my 09 Untra. Santa brought me the 550 for Christmas! Since it was the HD version of the 550 it came with the wiring to hook it directly into the HD fuse box. I lifted the fuel tank just enought to pull a snake thru and pulled the wire back. HD gives you the terminal that fit right in a vacant slot in the fuse box. The only diffuculty I had was moving the fuse box out enought to get behind to push in the new contact. Lots of wires behind it! Once it was snapped in, reinstalled the fuse box and plugged in the included fuse it was done! The unit goes on & off with the main switch. Nice having the unit, riding all day to someplace unknown and then having the system get you back home! Us boys and our toys!

Ride safe & have a safe and Happy New Year!

I also hooked my 550 to the back of the cigarette lighter. The advantage of hooking to the lighter or the headlamp is that you dont have to worry about forgetting to turn it off.
When you get gas shut the bike off and just click yes to run of the Garmin battery.

Same here ran the wire along to left handle bar in the fairing and to the back of the cig lighter. or get a plug to connect under the seat.
harley man, How did you get into the fairing? Did u remove the inner fairing?To remove the inner fairing do u just remove the screws around the outside of the inner fairing? Did u use a inline fuse? Sorry about all the Questions.This is my first bike with a fairing. Some day i will buy a manual..

Same here ran the wire along to left handle bar in the fairing and to the back of the cig lighter. or get a plug to connect under the seat.

harley man, How did you get into the fairing? Did u remove the inner fairing?To remove the inner fairing do u just remove the screws around the outside of the inner fairing? Did u use a inline fuse? Sorry about all the Questions.This is my first bike with a fairing. Some day i will buy a manual..

Buy the manual. Removing the outer fairing of a RG is fairly easy, but some steps make it easier. I remove the lights when I take it off- it's easier to get it back on the hooks when you replace it.

I have a garmin 760 and just plug it in to the ciggarette lighter. I wish I had a Zumo. There expensive but it can rain on them.

A friend has the garmin 660 and uses the HD trip planner to plan rides but has many problems with it and sends him in circles. Do you have to have the same settings on the GPS unit as in the trip planner.no toll roads, avoid highways ect...I have the tomtom unit off e-bay its water proof and shock restant. Got all the bells and whistles for 330.00

Back