free website stats program Garmin GPS Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Garmin GPS Help

LIRider

Account Removed
I am thinking about buying a Nuvi 750. I like the option to use it in the car or on the bike. While I know it is not waterproof, does anyone have any input as to its use on a bike, and of course if it starts to rain I will pack it away. It seesm to be a nice little unit.

I don't have a great need for GPS, but once in a while it would be useful on the bike or in the car. So, I am going cheap and looking at a refurbished Nuvi 750. It seems to have all the features I want.
Don't have an IPhone nor do I want one. My company pays for my cell phone.
Thanks for the response.

Hmm, zipp lock bag makes sense. Even with the fairing, rain like that whch I was caught in a few weeks ago is going to get to it. I got caught in a real down pour. Unless someone tells me this unit is no good, I think I will go for it.
Thanks

My son works as a butcher assistant and part of his job is hosing down the meat cutting area. When he arrives at work crabs some shrink wrap and wraps it around his cell pone which has a touch screen. He has full use of all the phones functions and it's protected from water. Should for a touch screen GPS.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 660 on my 09 Road Glide. It works just fine. When it isn't on the HD, it's on the Goldwing or in the car. I like paper maps and they are fine for highways. However, it's really nice having turn by turn instructions when you are trying to find some place in a stange city.

I reluctantly decited to get GPS and bought a Garmin Nuvi 660. I can't do without it now, in the cage or on the bike. The rare few times that I ride in the rain, I unplug it and put it in my breast pocket. Having the turns given with street names is great. (When the street name plates are visible)

for some reason it did not post the other part to my reply ????
i did say as the Nuvi is fairly small you could out it into a clear Zip lock to keep the water off it, but as you have Glide the fairing will keep the majority off and it will only get wet when you stop

That's what I do. Works great.

I have a Tom Tom Rider 2 it is made for motorcylces and is waterproof & all touch screen & comes with a blue tooth for your helmet . I also use it in the auto with no problem , they do make a car mount that has a speaker but I found away to use the bike mount in the auto I just have no speaker . I got it on sale for $430 .

Yes they've got some smoking deals on nuvi 660 on ebay new for 167 shipped. What I like about them is they have the fm transmitter and mp3 player along with the blue tooth so you can integrate your intercom music and cell phone cordless... Pretty slick just don't get it wet...

Back