free website stats program Garmi Zumo ????????? | Harley Davidson Forums

Garmi Zumo ?????????

ironmark

I have a Tom Tom Ryder 2 which is a good dependable GPS but there are some features that I don't care for or the unit doesn't have so I am looking at doing a upgrade. Does the Zumo 660 or 665 have wireless technology to transmit the voice prompts through the radio to the bike or car speakers or do I have to use the AUX cable also do either one of these unit come with lifetime maps & traffic? How do you like your Zumo GPS?

i have a nuvi 1490 that i use at work it has bluetooth voice nice to use cost is low not sure how it would work on a bike. cost was $200 on Amazon

I have a zumo 550 that is wired into my aux. I can recieve a call but I can not talk back. I have told everyone that calls me to continue their voice message, that I can hear them and I will call back asap.
Ken

I have a zumo 550 that is wired into my aux. I can recieve a call but I can not talk back. I have told everyone that calls me to continue their voice message, that I can hear them and I will call back asap.
Ken

Kemo, my wife has the 550 on her 06 Ultra, Im no pro here but it was installed with the Kennedy Technology box, she can receive calls and also talk while driving.:bigsmiley4:

I have the 665 on my bike and love it. As for the questions you asked, I have no clue. It comes through my bikes speakers via the aux input on the radio. My main love of the 665 has nothing to do with the GPS though, I use it mainly for the XM radio.

JerryL thyat is the reason I love my zumo. I have the lifetime subscription for zumo
Ken

I will tell you this, Just like there is so much to learn in this forum on HD. This Zumo forum has everything you need to know about GPS's Check it out

Login

JerryL thyat is the reason I love my zumo. I have the lifetime subscription for zumo
Ken
Thanks Kemo. I didn't know you could buy updates, let alone lifetime updates. I just got done updating it(2012), and bought the "extra" Mad Maps/Smokey Mountains region in the Southeast. It has all the Blue Ridge stuff, plus Deal's Gap, and tons of stuff from right here in my state of KY. It has about 30 mapped out rides that range from short jumps, to longer day/overnight trips that seem pretty cool. They have mad maps from all over the US.

================================================

Ken
The book on my 665 says it has a mic in the front to make and receive calls. I haven't tried it yet, though.

================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
The zumo works good as far as no hands phone calls in the truck, just can not talk when on the bike.
Ken

Back