free website stats program Garage floor paint... | Harley Davidson Forums

Garage floor paint...

mydeluxe

Can anyone recommend or have a review for good floor paint for a Concrete garage floor…This is going to be a summer project…

The epoxy paint is great! Just make sure your garage floor isn't sealed or the paint will flake off. If it is sealed, you can make it porous again by either sanding or sandblasting it. Don't ask me how I know this.

Ive used the epoxy floor paint also with good results, In addition to the last post I would reccommend making sure the floor is clean and free of all greases or oils that may have spilled in the past and regardless of what the directions on any of the cans say I always add one of the bags of no slip agent to the can its like a sand you mix in the paint.

Epoxy paint looks and wears great, but one downside, if you park a car or bike with hot tires on it, always hitting the same place, the hot rubber compound will discolor light coltored epoxy paint. Suggest you use the darker colors. Even my Katana would leave tire patterns on the floor, so it is related to heat and performance rubber compounds. After leaving 3 or 4 pairs of tire marks, I started parking it in a shed. For some reason my HD has not discolored the floor...even after some "spirtied" rides.

As with anytime the floor is wet its a little slippery, but I dont think anymore than an unpainted cement floor would be, Its not like being on ice. as I said I would put a non slip agent in any of the paints, and as newhd74fan stated overtime your floor will be visibly marked where you park also the only time my garage floor gets wet is when we get a really bad soaking rain if i have the door up and then its only maybe the first 18" of the opening

The epoxy coatings have tiny colored chips that you sprinkle randomly on the newly coated wet sections. The coating drys to a natural lightly matte' slightly "stippled" surface, not all that slippery, but nice and easy to clean and keep it that way. Excuse the picture, it was one for my "homemade" oil filter drain tray, but it shows what I am talking about. It will show up tiny cracks in the concrete, so I would recommend a concrete coverage coat to fill and smooth all the defects, so the surface is "prisine" if you want your floor "perfect". I was just happy to coat the plain new concrete. Some of those micro crackes came later...grrr :newsmile040:

Last edited:
Depending on the condition of the surface and not having access to a sandblaster, I've used a muriatic acid wash to prep before painting. Might not be the most eco friendly but, I keep it well deluded and still have the benefit of no weeds near the garage door.

It's an option. Maybe not a good one but, it worked for me.

Now that is one mighty find looking garage floor down under...uhh...dah feat...LOL!!! Looks like the start of a nice "MAN CAVE"...might never leave once you complete your collection of a few Harleys and a wet bar, except to ride of course!

Last edited:
Back