free website stats program gages went dead | Harley Davidson Forums

gages went dead

canemaker

I have a 05 ultra, was riding then stopped for a break, when I started up again all my gages were dead, spedo, tack, oil gage ect.
I checked the fuses and they were good, any help would be appreciated !!!

Any mods done recently that required work in the fairing? Sounds like a cut/pinched/unhooked wire.

I agree, if everything else is working and you only lost power to the wire loom that powers your gages I'd start looking for a bad wire in the loom. Even if you haven't done any work in the fairing area something could have happened as Bodeen suggested.:(

No mods in the fairing in the last year. Checked the wire loom and nothing seams pinched or any wire loose.. Do you know if their is any fuzes or modulars in the fairing that would control all gages?

Well if you're sure the fuse is good (sometimes they can fool you, did you test it with a meter ?) I would try checking the wire plugs to the gauge set to see if they somehow got pulled apart a little or have some corrosion. Had you been riding in the rain prior ?

all my gages were dead, spedo, tack, oil gage ect.

That's like me saying check your grounds etc, etc. If you want accurate replies, you need to list all the devices that are "dead" because when your tracing schematics, etc doesn't work.

Also, "dead" as in does not light up or dead as in does not function.

As with any electrical problem always start at the source and work out. The battery being the source if not properly maintained can and will cause major problems including early charging system failures. Start with a fully charged battery, clean and tight connections. An often over looked connection is the starter solenoid wires, under the rubber protective boot, clean tight and add some dilectric grease to ALL electrical connections

Back