free website stats program G3 install on 2010 Ultra Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

G3 install on 2010 Ultra Classic

holburnw

Is it necessary to upgrade your exhaust and intake/air cleaner before installing the G3 EJK? If not, can you upgrade the exhaust/intake after installation if I want more performance? Thanks!

It is absolutely fine to install the TFI on a stand alone basis. It will cool your motor down noticeably but do not expect any seat of the pants performance increases. You will need to do the remainder of the Stage I (pipes and A/C) to get any performance boost, and even then it's mostly above 3000RPM or so if you look at all the charts. Need to think about a cam change if you want more oomph at lower RPM's then that.

As Dr. Dolittle has mentioned an EFI controller on even a stock Harley will help cool your motor and will gain a couple HP.

Once our controller is installed and you decide to complete the rest of the modifications it takes only seconds to change the settings and maximize the performance of your stage I mods.

Back