free website stats program FXRS without the passenger seat ? | Harley Davidson Forums

FXRS without the passenger seat ?

92FXRS

I've been thinking about taking the passenger seat & sissy bar off of my '92 FXRS Low Rider. I think it would give it a much cleaner look. My question is, what will I do about carrying luggage? will I need a pillion pad to protect the rear fender?
Just wondered if anyone had pictures of something like this on their or someones bike, and what obstacles you've run across.
I do like to take as many weekend getaway trips as possible, but I'm really concerned about carrying my stuff without the seat & sissy bar to tie it to.

You could buy a set of saddlebag supports that will bolt to the rear fender strut and the bags will attach. Shouldn't be too crazy with on/off issues and you have instant storage. I like the look without bags as well as with a good looking set of bags. MHO Should be able to find supports of all types in catalogs or possibly a google search.

Last edited:
RichardS, I think that pretty well answers my questions. When the weekend comes, I'm ready to GO, which means overnight most of the time. Does anyone make a chrome luggage rack to go above the rear fender that looks nice (versus retaining the passenger seat) ?

Back