free website stats program FXR 103 heads | Harley Davidson Forums

FXR 103 heads

My question is what type of result are you looking for and why.

Why would you ask that? He's looking for an answer to a pretty direct question.....

Why would you ask that? He's looking for an answer to a pretty direct question.....
We have had this discussion before where someone can get what they think are better heads to increase performance and after probing the reasoning behind question they would have been lead astray otherwise. I would have to believe the question is more than just a straight bolt on.

Will FXR 103 heads fit the FLH ? Is there any difference or all the pre 14 103 heads the same?

Where did you find an FXR with a 103" motor?

Twin cam heads will not fit Evo cases; the stud spacing is different, so not a "bolt on" modification. I suppose one could fill the stud bores in the Evo cases by welding and then bore/thread new studs properly spaced an a set of TC cylinders and heads would then fit but the Evo cases would be weakened. I believe there is an outfit in Cali that makes such motors, called a "Fatso" or "Fatvo" motor but not sure

Boy am I glad someone said this. I could not for the life of me remember an FXR with a 103 motor. Even the special edition model FXR's which came after the switch to the DYNA line had EVO motors.

FXR keeps coming back in limited editions with Evo power, the rest of the FX models have all now been upgraded to the 103 including the Sreetbob

FXR keeps coming back in limited editions with Evo power, the rest of the FX models have all now been upgraded to the 103 including the Sreetbob
So maybe the OP meant FX instead of FXR. So it was not as straight forward as thought.

We can only go by what the OP posted and that question has been answered. If the OP meant something else, he needs to come back and ask the right question. What wasn't answered was the question about pre '14 heads.

They were not the same. '99-'05 were straight wound springs that limited lift to .525". '05 introduced the 7mm valves, beehive springs that would accommodate lifts to .575". '06 heads were a new casting the breathed better than any previous heads and springs that would accommodate up to .600" lift (there is some debate about whether that is .590" or .600"). '07 and up are all the same and will interchange. Actually, all will interchange but installing a set of '05 heads on a later model 96" or 103" would be going backwards.

Last edited:
thanks for replies, reason is a seller had posted 103 heads off of FXR/dyna for sale and was wondering if are the same as FLH heads

Back