free website stats program FXDWG hand grip problem | Harley Davidson Forums

FXDWG hand grip problem

nrs2420

I'm replacing my hand grips and on the throttle side I'm having a slight problem. I putting on the Black diamond grips on my 2010 FXDWG. When I twist the throttle a bump when I first start twisting but then its fine all the way to WOT. There is also a bump when twisting back right before you hit idle. It's almost like it's catching on something inside the housing.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be. I've took it off and put it back on a couple times. It's starting to aggravate me.

Maybe that twist knob between the throttle cables? adjust it all the way out and then adjust your throttle cables per service manual. Hope that helps.

There is a little nylon crescent friction block that sits on top of the throttle screw mentioned above. That's what pushes against the throttle sleeve to lock it. It is very easy to knock it off when you mess with the throttle sleeve. Then it just rattles around in there or binds things up.

Well I took it all apart and doubled checked to make sure there were no burrs on the hand grip and took the part that sits on top of the throttle screw out and made sure it set correctly. Put it all together and it works. I guess the 3rd time is the charm.

Thanks for the help.

Back