free website stats program FXDC issue | Harley Davidson Forums

FXDC issue

I have a 2009 FXDC with 3600 miles. Recently it started back firing and stalling. This happens after running for 5-10 minutes. Prior to that it runs fine. Any ideas?

If it's carbd, I would take it out and give it a good cleaning. Sounds like it's getting warm and maybe the choke is getting stuck

It's an 09 FXDC, Dan. It has a 96" injected motor.

You may want to check your plugs and plug wires, if you haven't already. I don't know how old that gas is in the tank but it may cause some issues. Try draining the tank, put a few ounces of Seafoam in there, and see what happens. That's not a whole lot of miles on an 09.

I had an 07 FXDC and loved it. Swapped it in for an 07 Ultra Classic because the wife hated the seat and we really couldn't ride very far comfortably. If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. When I first test rode the Ultra, I IMMEDIATELY noticed the difference in performance/acceleration due to the weight difference. (I mentioned to the salesman that it was a dog in comparison.)

Good luck. Hopefully it's nothing serious. Sounds like it's switching to a lean map when the motor warms up and goes into open loop. Check your codes.

With only 3600 miles on a 09 it obviously did a lot of sitting. Have you checked for any air leaks at the intake? You never said if you checked for codes.

Back