free website stats program FXDB Fuel Gauge Pops Up | Harley Davidson Forums

FXDB Fuel Gauge Pops Up

RetiredJake

08 FXDB, occasionally find the fuel gauge popped up a little bit. So far, I have just pushed it back down.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Is it a problem?

Is there some way to fix it in place?

It's just a rubber gasket that keeps it in place. You can probably bet a new gasket or take a turn of tape around the one on there now to make it tighter.

RetiredJake,

On my 09 FLHR I had the gas cap gauge unit come up and out about an inch.. I let my imagination run wild with the thoughts of WHO and WHY pulled it out... Why I didn't notice when i garaged it after the ride, Only noticing it the Next day.

I carefully pushed evenly and it went back in and so far hasn't come out again...

I really felt that some one Might have pulled it loose... Hearing of a few others with the popping up problem tho...... Mine is still tight.. I not going to tug on it to see if it moves.. I'll leave well enough alone.

Mine hasn't come loose again so I'm not so sure it came loose on its own.

Signed....BUBBIE

RetiredJake,

On my 09 FLHR I had the gas cap gauge unit come up and out about an inch.. I let my imagination run wild with the thoughts of WHO and WHY pulled it out... Why I didn't notice when i garaged it after the ride, Only noticing it the Next day.

I carefully pushed evenly and it went back in and so far hasn't come out again...

I really felt that some one Might have pulled it loose... Hearing of a few others with the popping up problem tho...... Mine is still tight.. I not going to tug on it to see if it moves.. I'll leave well enough alone.

Mine hasn't come loose again so I'm not so sure it came loose on its own.

Signed....BUBBIE

Hahahaha!:bigsmiley8: Great story BUBBIE.

Back