free website stats program Fuse | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuse

Tony lee Turner

Please help,my acc fuse blowed on the way to work on my 01 electra glide classic.It cut off the brake lights, turn signals, horn,and speedometer.Still starts and runs great.I found the acc fuse blowed so I changed it, Everytime I turn the key over it blows the fuse.I have checked all the wires that I could ,unhooked a few plugs I could get to and took the faring off and checked wires and still blows Everytime I turn the key.

Are there any changes made ,the last time ?. To start take off the seat there's a connector between the main wiringharness and the wiring to the rear light..
Disconnect this ,and see if the fuse still blows. If not the problem is between this plug ,and rearlights/ blinkers.
Further disconnect all connectors to the electric components , replace the fuse , and connect everything one by one .
If fuse blows check this circuit for chaved wires and such. Goodluck.

Also if the fairing is still off look at the wires by the support brackets, sometimes they rub and wear thru, also check the brackets as they have a history of breaking on the older bikes

Agree with Roadking-1960, Trace the wiring again, my guess is a dead short somewhere along the way.

Are there any changes made ,the last time ?. To start take off the seat there's a connector between the main wiringharness and the wiring to the rear light..
Disconnect this ,and see if the fuse still blows. If not the problem is between this plug ,and rearlights/ blinkers.
Further disconnect all connectors to the electric components , replace the fuse , and connect everything one by one .
If fuse blows check this circuit for chaved wires and such. Goodluck.
Solution briefly explained. Totally agree.

Back