free website stats program Fuse for Accent Lighting??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuse for Accent Lighting???

I've got some lizard lights in th mail. I read the instructions on kuryakyn's website, but it didn't say anything about a fuse. I just spent $250 on lights, and I'd feel safer with an in-line fuse on the + power lead. I plan to get a fuse and holder at the local autozone. So, what size and amp fuse/fuse holder do you think would be adequate?

You sure they don't have a fuse in the kit? I thought mine did. (kuryakyn lizard kit)

In any event, it's not a big fuse. Something on the order of a 5 amp would be more than enough.

I looked through the instructions and it doesn't specify any fuse requirement (VERY STRANGE!!) so I'm thinking the controller may contain one. If not, here's a basic guideline used for figuring out circuit sizes for cars (I would assume it would be about the same for a bike)

total watts divided by voltage (12v) = amps

amps x 1.5 (150%)= fuse rating (round up to the nearest fuse size)

OK, here's the scoop on the fuse.

Kuryakyn said as I thought they would.
They said it is an inline fuse built in the hot lead for the unit so if you are missing it, someone cut it off. I thought I remembered it when I installed mine but that was about a year ago.

Anyway, it's a 3 amp and 250 volt. Odd size in any event.

Well, that's good news! Even though I just bought a fuse holder and fuse set at O'Reilly's. Man, I need to learn some patience!

Back