free website stats program fuse box | Harley Davidson Forums

fuse box

ooheritage

Hey to everyone, I got a question about the fuse box. all spots are labled, either as spare, accessories, horn whatever, my question is the spot for a fuse where it is labled battery was empty, everything works fine. So this confuses me, because if you take the fuse from anywhere else that particular thing doesn't work so whats up? Is it used for adding somthing else to your bike, (running lights, radio)

Thanks

well I bought the bike second hand with no manual, besides I thought it would be easier to get a reply from a web site of knowledgeable people, I didn't expect sarcasm especially from someone as popular as glider, maybe he had a bad day, but that's no excuse, especially when your in a leadership position

More than likely it is a point where you can connect an extra acces. to the battery by simply adding a fuse, (and a wire to the acces.)

Quite honestly, I did not answer the question because I have the fuse installed in the BAT position and when I look at the schematic it fans out to several places, instruments (tach & speedo), TSSM, ICM, but has never given me a problem, or blown so not much to go on regarding the actual function. Intuitively, it is switched on when the ignition is on, as separate circuit power bus wire, along with ACC and IGN fuses.

As I am new to HD Sportster ownership, I choose not to speculate and have looked in the manuals, but they do not describe the function of the 15A BAT fuse...nor does it show up in any of the troubleshooting flow charts I have reviewed so far. Sorry, most all my knowledge was learned by experience and hands on, so be patient if not all of us Moderators do not weigh-in. I also think Glider was not being "flip", he was only trying to find out if you had some tools like the schematic and DMM to help us help you get an answer with more clarity.

Last edited:
well I bought the bike second hand with no manual, besides I thought it would be easier to get a reply from a web site of knowledgeable people, I didn't expect sarcasm especially from someone as popular as glider, maybe he had a bad day, but that's no excuse, especially when your in a leadership position

Not being sarcastic at all, just a fact! You should have at least an owners manual !

When you own something like a Harley, it makes sense to have not only the owners manual but the factory repair manual so you don't have to rely on an answer that may not apply to your situation or that you don't like.

They are both available from the dealer and from where I'm sitting here It's hard to tell you bought it used and didn't have a manual either for the information it provides.

I answer all sorts of questions on the forum from many people that don't understand something in the manual or on their ride but when we have a "financially challenged" poster come on the forum and ask a question that can be answered in the owners manual and proceed to post as you did on their third post on the forum, you should give some serious thought to purchasing both manuals for future references.

Back