free website stats program Fuse block removal '04-'06 Sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuse block removal '04-'06 Sportster

NEWHD74FAN

Experienced Member
Retired Moderators
Just wondering if anyone has ever pulled the fuseblock or found a way to access the large connector tucked under the frame atop the oil tank? I'm troubleshooting an electrical problem and noticed the nylon shell was looking pretty "ragged" and appears to be potted (so I can't access the contacts). :small3d002:

If I'm thinking right, it's late. I'd pull out the battery to give me more room. Then use jumpers from battery,sitting elsewhere, back to cables to do my testing.I've also hooked up a 6amp. charger in lieu of the battery for testing purposes. It won't start the bike but works when testing for voltages.Don't know what electrical problem you're having.
tourbox

Thanks...! sorry about being "short" :small3d031:eek:n the symptoms, but I am attempting to isolate an intermittant problem that is blowing ignition fuse, and trying to isolate the gray wire...(it is the wire going to engine run switch via start button - and goes thru the small start relay coil and fans out to the fuse block, ignition module and TSSM. It is tucked up underneath the frame really tight (I'm being nice), and the wiring harness was dressed out very poorly from a service point of view. :small3d002:

Back