free website stats program Fullsac SportPipe | Harley Davidson Forums

Fullsac SportPipe

rusntx

Well after getting caught up in the vortex of never ending research and possibilities for stage 1 exhaust, I elected to forego the duals and went with the Fullsac ceramic coated sportpipe instead. This pipe is essentially a stock header with the cat cut out and a collector put in its place. Heat reduction is my main goal and just let the motor breathe a bit. As is usual for those of us afflicted with HD "illness"it comes down to: so many toys and options and never enough $$$. My setup will be full sac sport pipe, SE Ventilator, Supertrapp SE Stouts and FL-Vieds-10 for now. Have read about others that are doing same without issue. Should I find differently a Dobeck Gen 3 will be installed. The sportpipe is $399 or $299' if you return you OEM back to them. I have no financial or otherwise affiliation with any of these products or suppliers just what I ended up doing. Be safe.
WAP.gif

After all the research, coming to a decision, more research , another decision and so on i ended up, returning the sport pipe, will pull Vieds and sell. Going with ooks, performance and ease of install and tuning. My final set up is SE ventilator, always liked the look, dresser duals for same/ performance and FP3 for ease of use and install. This stage one will make the improvements I am after. Will lose a bit of low end torque that likely will go unnoticed, will cool things down and the tuner doesn't t have all the bells and whistles. But happy with finally making a final decision I can live with. Thanks to all for the input along this circuitous route. Be well.
WAP.gif

If the duals are the V&H Power Duals with decent slipons, any loss of low end torque will be negligible and might show up on a dyno chart but will not register on the butt dyno. From what I am reading about the FP3, it is a good piece of equipment and well supported by V&H as it is their next generation tuner. Their have been some glitches with de-bugging the auto tune feature which is supposed to work well. So, if you plan to use the auto tune feature, call V&H before you start to make sure the firmware is current with your unit; they can email you the updates.:coffee

If the duals are the V&H Power Duals with decent slipons, any loss of low end torque will be negligible and might show up on a dyno chart but will not register on the butt dyno. From what I am reading about the FP3, it is a good piece of equipment and well supported by V&H as it is their next generation tuner. Their have been some glitches with de-bugging the auto tune feature which is supposed to work well. So, if you plan to use the auto tune feature, call V&H before you start to make sure the firmware is current with your unit; they can email you the updates.:coffee
Dolt,
Thanks for that info on the FP3. Will check with V&H. Be well
WAP.gif

I just installed the FP3 along with stage 1 air cleaner, Running reinhart slipons, Next project will be Fullsac header. Harley sure did try and talk me out of using the FP3 as they didn't make any money from it. So far the bike run just great. Vance and Hines are great people to deal with as is Steve at Fullsac. Just wanted the bike to run cooler, not wanting to make it fly, to old for that. I enjoy riding secondary roads and some slower riding at times. Then back on the interstate to hall butt home.

Back