free website stats program Full flush | Harley Davidson Forums

Full flush

the draggin

I read the article on how to flush the Dyna engine oil out but how do you flush and EVO? I broke a Revtech aluminum push-rod and after replacing all the rods with 4130's fully adjustable units I have oil filling the air filter. I replaced the umbrellas and cleaned out the rocker boxes, and still it pushes oil. I have an S&S reed type vent in the cam case and that is my next step..I would like to flush the block before I put it back together. Can this be done through the cam case? I appreciate any help, thanks...

I read the article on how to flush the Dyna engine oil out but how do you flush and EVO? I broke a Revtech aluminum push-rod and after replacing all the rods with 4130's fully adjustable units I have oil filling the air filter. I replaced the umbrellas and cleaned out the rocker boxes, and still it pushes oil. I have an S&S reed type vent in the cam case and that is my next step..I would like to flush the block before I put it back together. Can this be done through the cam case? I appreciate any help, thanks...

I dont know why the Dyna way would not work on an EVO, did you clean or replace the tappet screen ?

I pulled the cam cover and washed it out then I tipped the bike over to drain the crank case. I cleaned the breather (S&S reed type) and was reassembling the bike when I discovered one of the new pushrods I got from V-Thunder had a crack in the nut end of the rod, so now I'm attempting to get with them on what to do. So, I cleaned out the tappet screen, it was full of something that appeared to be foam rubber, definitely non-metallic, soo this could cause the excessive oil blowing into the airfilter?

I pulled the cam cover and washed it out then I tipped the bike over to drain the crank case. I cleaned the breather (S&S reed type) and was reassembling the bike when I discovered one of the new pushrods I got from V-Thunder had a crack in the nut end of the rod, so now I'm attempting to get with them on what to do. So, I cleaned out the tappet screen, it was full of something that appeared to be foam rubber, definitely non-metallic, soo this could cause the excessive oil blowing into the airfilter?

Yep, and also cause the lifters to not pump up and valve train noise

Well whooda thunk. I just need to find out where the stuff in the screen came from. I ahd the engine done about 3K ago and ran it in on dyno oil for 750 miles then went to Amsoil. Found nothing at that change in the screen. I had planned the next change this past week anyway so I hope all the stuff gets washed out. Thanks.......

Back