free website stats program Fuel Valve | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Valve

postie357

I'm installing a new fuel valve on my 2000 Road King. The instructions call for Loctite Pipe Sealant with Teflon or equivalent to be put on the valve threads. I didn't notice any Loctite or sealant on the old valve. Is this overkill or is this something I will regret later if I don't apply Loctite pipe sealant ? My concern is If I need to take it apart later I would have a tough job with the Loctite.

Pipe thread is tapered and likes to leak, Use brush on Teflon by loctite for a leak free pet cock

Locktite is the brand (now owned by Permatex), not all products by Locktite are "lockers", some are "sealers".

I'm installing a new fuel valve on my 2000 Road King. The instructions call for Loctite Pipe Sealant with Teflon or equivalent to be put on the valve threads. I didn't notice any Loctite or sealant on the old valve. Is this overkill or is this something I will regret later if I don't apply Loctite pipe sealant ? My concern is If I need to take it apart later I would have a tough job with the Loctite.

Loctite Pipe Sealant will not "lock" the threads; good product and will insure a leak free install.

81WZSD4OsyL._SL1500_.jpg
This is the good stuff I always use

Back