free website stats program Fuel Tap (fuel shutoff valve) Leaking - 2000 Harley Davidson Fatboy | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Tap (fuel shutoff valve) Leaking - 2000 Harley Davidson Fatboy

bru0

Hi there!!!

After leaving the bike resting for 3/4 weeks, my 2000 Harley Davidson Fatboy (carburettor / BT 88cc) started to leak fuel out of its fuel tap (fuel shutoff valve) when accelerating. It is coming out of the botton of the fuel tap where it looks like there should have a tube out but there isn't one. It started leaking only when I accelerate the motocycle but now is almost pouring gas over the engine. I ve heard that the problem could be in the carb not in the fuel tap. Can anyone tell us what should be the problem and how can we handle it?

Tks.

Bruno

Hi there!!!

After leaving the bike resting for 3/4 weeks, my 2000 Harley Davidson Fatboy (carburettor / BT 88cc) started to leak fuel out of its fuel tap (fuel shutoff valve) when accelerating. It is coming out of the botton of the fuel tap where it looks like there should have a tube out but there isn't one. It started leaking only when I accelerate the motocycle but now is almost pouring gas over the engine. I ve heard that the problem could be in the carb not in the fuel tap. Can anyone tell us what should be the problem and how can we handle it?

Tks.

Bruno
Vacum operated petcock, some had bad problems, you can rebuild or replace it, if it were mine I would look at Pingel for a replacement JMO

Back