free website stats program fuel or ignition problem please help! | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel or ignition problem please help!

Mr_Blonde

hi, i have an 06 night train. it has a stage 1 from fuel moto usa with a pc III. had the bike run a dyno a few weeks ago and the numbers were good. Parked the bike for a few days, went to start it and it would not fire up, just kept turning over. kept trying to start the bike for about ten minutes and it eventually fired up, started out at a low idle then went back up to a healty idle. lost power a couple times on the highway when going out to pass vehicles but other than that the bike ran good...then yesterday bike started and ran fine. Today couldn't get it to fire up again and when i eventually did it went to a real low idle let out a puff and shut down. unhooked the pc III and went back to stock and the bike started fine. hooked the power commander back up right after, and the bike fired up and ran fine. what the (edit) is going on?? any help would be appreciated! is this something electrical failing, or a fuel problem? i can't really take it into the dealership because the bike runs fine 80% of the time and just started doing this. thanks!

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys, i'll try calling fuelmoto tomorrow. can i run the bike with the pipes and k&n on but without the power commander without messing things up?

Not a good idea, it will be very lean.

If memory serves me correctly:D, I think they had some defective units that did this.

Not a good idea, it will be very lean.

If memory serves me correctly:D, I think they had some defective units that did this.

Quick test: When has your memory not served you correctly?:p

Back