free website stats program fuel optimizers | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel optimizers

ashenfang

Okay, so heres the deal. I have read and read on the different fuel optimizers out there, but still can't figure out what I need. The only mod's that I am making are exhaust and air intake. I simply just want to add more fuel to the bike, I don't want to dyno, and I don't want to mess with maps. Just want the bike to run cool and reliable.

My bike is an 2008 XL883. So based on this information, what would you guys recommend?

I think its narrowed down to:

DFO
TFI - though I heard that TFI and DFO are the same product, the DFO is just rewrapped and sold by custom chrome.
VH Fuel Pak

Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks glider,

I figured that TFI/DFO was the way to go, but some tech's I have spoke with said that they tend to be flaky, and not want to remove fuel once you started adding it.

So there is absolutely no difference between the TFI and DFO units? Only reason I ask is I can pick up the DFO unit locally for slightly less.

Does the TFI/DFO require a tach or can adjusting the pots be done by sound only? And do these units have any ill effects on the injectors/ECM/O2 sensors?

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks glider,

I figured that TFI/DFO was the way to go, but some tech's I have spoke with said that they tend to be flaky, and not want to remove fuel once you started adding it.

So there is absolutely no difference between the TFI and DFO units? Only reason I ask is I can pick up the DFO unit locally for slightly less.

Does the TFI/DFO require a tach or can adjusting the pots be done by sound only? And do these units have any ill effects on the injectors/ECM/O2 sensors?

Thanks a bunch!

Never had a problem with any of them being flaky. Maybe they just didn't understand how simple they are and were trying to do more with them.
No difference between the units. Be sure to get the integral harness not the older splice in ones. It's plug and play. No tach necessary, judge about 1800 RPM to set the low pot, you can add or remove with the pot to find the sweet spot like setting a carb. You'll hear the engine change. As far as the injectors or the 02 sensors, you can go either way with these units and keep the 02 or bypass them depending on which unit you choose. I like to eliminate them so you can adjust the ranges of fuel a bit easier. I'd rather have the adjustability than have the 02 sensors lean things out.

Call George at techlusion if you aren't sure which way to go here and he will tell you what you need to know.

877-763-3337

Here's some FAQ's to look through.

Fuel Nanny FAQ

Back