free website stats program Fuel Mgt issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Mgt issues

kjatimmons

I have an 08 SG that I put Python Slip Ons and a stage 1 air cleaner. I purchased a Power Commander off the internet that was pre loaded for my set up. Since installation, I get very poor mileage(175mi to tank vs. 220stock) it sometimes dies at stoplights and smell of gas in garage after riding. Will unhooking PC hurt anything? I don't want to blow it up but I want it to run good also. What is the best solution? I am new to HD world so don't beat me up.

unhooking it will go lean ..

what map are you running ? you will lose some mileage with the slip ons and stage 1 air cleaner

the power commander might be set to rich since it is a canned map

not sure of map, they pre loaded and sent it. I have tried to download new maps to my computer but can't get them to download. How can I get some maps?

you downloaded the maps to your computer but couldnt get them to load to the power commander or couldnt get them to download to your computer ..and which power commander PCIII or PCV

Did you install the power commander software to your computer? if so usually clicking the files with open the program to unzip the maps and then put them in the power commander file so you can open them and look at them .

you can download winzip and other programs for free to open the files

it keeps telling me the files need to be unzipped or some crazy Edit. They will download to my personal computer but unable to open and reload commander

Where are you getting your maps? The maps I get from Dynojet are self extracting .exe files. You shouldn't need a unzip program. I know what you mean about low gas mileage with the PC. I find it difficult to get both good performance and gas mileage with them, even with a dynotune.

The map for your setup on the Dynojet website if you do not have an ECM reflash is M818-006.

~eddie

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 08 SG that I put Python Slip Ons and a stage 1 air cleaner. I purchased a Power Commander off the internet that was pre loaded for my set up. Since installation, I get very poor mileage(175mi to tank vs. 220stock) it sometimes dies at stoplights and smell of gas in garage after riding. Will unhooking PC hurt anything? I don't want to blow it up but I want it to run good also. What is the best solution? I am new to HD world so don't beat me up.

Did you set the throttle to "0" with the engine warmed up? If not, read the directions and use the Control Center of the Power Commander to set the throttle correctly. Otherwise you may have the stalling problem and other things. Just my 2cents.

Back