free website stats program Fuel management | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel management

copperhead

I know this has been answered but to search all of the threads on this subject would take a while. Any ways I am considering a fuel management system and would like opinions on the best for the money and also wonder about doing it my self rather than paying a dealer to do it. Do I need to dyno it after wards or is that just a feel good thing to do when you are done with it?

I don't currently have one but have spent hours reading about them on this and other forums. TFI is best for simplicity and money. Easy to do yourself - don't waste money at the dealer or on a dyno. Folks on here and the self help section will get you set up perfectly for your bike and riding style.

Another thumbs up for the TFI unit. Added it after I installed a roller chain conversion and added some cams. Cost effective, easy to install, good cutomer service, and works like a charm. No dyno time necessary.

I'm please with my TFI that I've had for over a year on my RG. Very easy install and awesome customer service. Nice thing is as you add intake or mufflers at different times or even change our mufflers you can retune (5 minute job if that) as needed yourself.

Ride safe and have fun!

I went with a Power Commander and have found my fuel economy has dropped and the bike is now running too rich. If I had a TFI I could easily make the adjust myself, but now have to pay a tech to hookup his laptop to my bike to make the adjustment.:bigsmiley19:

I went with a Power Commander and have found my fuel economy has dropped and the bike is now running too rich. If I had a TFI I could easily make the adjust myself, but now have to pay a tech to hookup his laptop to my bike to make the adjustment.:bigsmiley19:

no ya dont hook it to your laptop and make adjustment your self

I have and 09 Ultra with the screaming eagle air filter and slash down pipes and the stage 1 down load. Will I see any improvement in the engine performace, or heat reduction with the TFI tuner? What about fuel economy?

Back