free website stats program Fuel line installation EFI system | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel line installation EFI system

Bogie

I am trying to replace the 2 fuel lines that are inside the fuel tank on a 2004 Electra Glide. The original lines were tought to get off but did eventually come off. But I cant get the new lines instaleld onto the flanges. They just don't seem to fit. Well, we got one on the fuel filter but that's it. Does anyone have a trick to getting these things on.

you could dip them in hot near boiling water for about ten seconds or until they are soft , should fit over it and when it cools it will retract ,

you could dip them in hot near boiling water for about ten seconds or until they are soft , should fit over it and when it cools it will retract ,

Bogie; I just looked at this in my '07 flhtc service manual to see if there was a special method, but it just says "slip line on", so I'd try the suggested hot water dip.

I use a hot air gun on the low setting to warm up the end of rubber and plastic pipes to aid slip on or off

Brian

Back