free website stats program Fuel Injectors | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Injectors

TQuentin1

Staff member
Folks,

I thought I saw somewhere that the injectors on our bikes are from Bosch? Regardless, what are the pro and cons of various injector options? Is there something to be gained from a wider/narrower injection cone? How does one figure that out? Where can we find out what is on our bikes now?

TQ

Not sure who makes um haven't had one out .. but a wider cone is supposed to help with fuel atomization better mileage and better running in cold starts etc

Questionable if they are Delphi or Bosch units used by Delphi. There's a bit of science in choosing the right size injectors as well as a corresponding fuel map to properly disperse the correct amount of fuel. It's not just changing the injectors like you would a jet in a carb.

There was a problem with the bikes a few years back when they went to the 25* injectors like Bud said, they had drivability problems as well as starting problems with the 8* injectors that came in the factory units. The download was also changed with the upgrade to the 25* units .

Ahhh, right. The dreaded map issue. Well I am NOT buying a race tuner so I can swap out the injectors!!

Case closed.

TQ

TQ with a stock V-Twin you won't notice any real gain by changing injectors,you would experience much more with a fuel management system.Where changing injectors and T.B. size come into play is when you decide to take that step and begin porting and polishing to increase volumetric efficiency,then you could c.c. the cumbustion chamber to decide on which injectors would best serve your needs.Even changing the angle of the spray pattern changes H.P. and torque .

Back