free website stats program Fuel Conditioners With Each Fill Up | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Conditioners With Each Fill Up

pdh62

The last several fill ups, I have been adding Lucus SafeGuard Fuel Conditioners with Stabilizers. Is this a good idea or best to treat the fuel during winter storage?

I gotta agree with Breeze,I've looked at what's in Sea Foam,and what's in premium.Same stuff.We already have to put premium in the tank.Not that Sea Foam doesn't have value.When my son bought an old car that was running rough,we put some in it,you can tell the difference.I've never put stabilizer in my bike,unless it was sitting for a prolonged period of time.

I use seafoam in my bike 3-4 times a year...and before storing it for the winter. When you fill your bike at the gas station, you are most likely getting almost a gallon of 87 octane....before the premium fuel gets thru the hose.

...and try to use ethanol free gas if you can find it. I try to use 91 octane minimum and prefer 93, the bike runs a little cooler.

...and try to use ethanol free gas if you can find it. I try to use 91 octane minimum and prefer 93, the bike runs a little cooler.
That is basically why I started the treatment with the Lucus SafeGuard was because of the ethanol....

Stabil actually makes a product to treat ethanol gas, I use it in my yard equipment seems to work well, I haven't had any issues.

Back