free website stats program Fuel additives | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel additives

whatca think about sta-bil smitty?i use it in my lawnmower gas to keep it from mesing up my gaskets in the carb so far so good.i learned the stuff they put in gas now days kills a small engines carb i havn't used it in my bike but the thought has crossed my mind once or twice

Guess I'll jump in here with my 2 bits. I've use Sta-bil in my WG for the last 5 years. I use it during the winter when my riding really drops off. Never had a problem.

Does Sta-bil help with water in the gas?

Are these additives applicable to carburettor systems only and NOT fuel injected systems? If so is there a fuel additive that should occasionally be used to FI engines to stop any "varnish" build up e.g. over winter if bike laid up?

I always go for premium gas (higher octane) but is Smitty saying one should vary this and go a little lower octane from time to time? Riding an 883 2008.

Any of the fuel additives like gum out for FI or carb, there's two different ones. They will work well in the bikes too. Just use the proper amount according to the fuel tank size.

Back