free website stats program Front Motor Mount | Harley Davidson Forums

Front Motor Mount

liquid_wrench

Anyone tried the glide pro lower front motor mount? I have tried two different ones and still get a vibration. I think I might try the glide pro this time, they are 100 bucks but if it stops the vibes it's worth it to me.

Anyone tried the glide pro lower front motor mount? I have tried two different ones and still get a vibration. I think I might try the glide pro this time, they are 100 bucks but if it stops the vibes it's worth it to me.

This subject came up sometime back and if memory serves me dolt had some pretty good suggestions on motor mounts.
Maybe he'll jump in on your post or you can PM him.

went through all the OEM options for the front motor mount. The early mount was pretty good but went obsolete about '06 or '07 IIRC, not sure. The replacement was very stiff and was said to "settle down and break in" after 500 or so miles but I never liked it. The Buell front mount was a good one; pretty soft and after the first two separated on my '02 FLHT I went to the Glide Pro. The 110HP/124TQ may have been too hard on the OEM mounts; don't know. By that time, all the bugs had been worked out in the material and using a 1/2" bolt torqued only to about 8-10 foot pounds; I like it. Very little engine movement at idle and none above about 1800rpms. I think it is worth the price. I was going to convert the rear but sold the bike before I got around to it.

I think the OP should give it a try.;)

went through all the OEM options for the front motor mount. The early mount was pretty good but went obsolete about '06 or '07 IIRC, not sure. The replacement was very stiff and was said to "settle down and break in" after 500 or so miles but I never liked it. The Buell front mount was a good one; pretty soft and after the first two separated on my '02 FLHT I went to the Glide Pro. The 110HP/124TQ may have been too hard on the OEM mounts; don't know. By that time, all the bugs had been worked out in the material and using a 1/2" bolt torqued only to about 8-10 foot pounds; I like it. Very little engine movement at idle and none above about 1800rpms. I think it is worth the price. I was going to convert the rear but sold the bike before I got around to it.

Thanks Don, I guess memory did serve me well.

Thank you all for the replies, My bike is a 05 electra glide classic efi, the rubber mount looks good i've had it off a couple times, the mount center hole is 1/2" but the bolt is smaller so I might try to change the bolt to 1/2' before I order the glide pro. Shouldn't the bolt be snug in the rubber mount center hole? It has a steel center.

Back