free website stats program Front Forks | Harley Davidson Forums

Front Forks

singer68

Hi all,

I have some credit at Harley, "got a gift card" my honey loves me!

It's $260! how much does chrome front forks typically cost? and is getting them at Harley a good idea?

Chrome lower legs through Harley are $390, either you buy from harley or have the exisiting either ones chromed. Either way the forks have to be dismantled. I do not suggest you working on forks if you don't know your way around bikes and wrenchin', I would have a professional do the work so you could be in $600-$700 by the time your done.

If you do know your way around bikes, have the proper tools and a service manaul then you could save yourself a ton of green.

Just sayin....

I read on a few forums where rider/owners polish their stock forks so they look like chrome when done. It's a process of sanding, buffing & polishing.

You can get the front forks alot cheaper then HD so save the gift card for something else. Check out chrome exchange, chrome wheel exchange, wheel spacers, Harley chrome wheels, Harley trike wheels, trike wheels, hub saver, harley wheels you can get chrome fork lowers for $175

Man those are nice!!!!
20002010Tour.jpg

Now that sounds like a lot of work...ouch!

Yes, it's a bit of work, but I'm still drinking beer on the money I didn't spend on chrome lowers. They are not as shiny as chrome, but have a nice luster.

Attachments

• forks 012.jpg
    forks 012.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 30
Back