free website stats program front end swap.. anyone experienced?? | Harley Davidson Forums

front end swap.. anyone experienced??

getnbetr

howdy! i have an 08 flhx salvage bike with a mint front end. does anyone know if i can mount it onto my 84 flht?? i would appreciate any advice or even if someone could point me in a good direction to find an answer. thanx:wall

I would think it should. They both use the same neck bearings. However the the design look is different on the 2 trees. I have put a 2000 Deuce front end on a '78 FX with no problem. Also a 80-84 front ent on a '68 FL.The only thing on the '68 was I had to change the fender. The new front end needed a fender with mounts like a Fatboy instead of like FLH. The Fatboy mounts come straight down opposed the FLH coming down then outward. It has to do with the fender mounts on the Lower Legs.. I'd try it for the upgrade. Once you see it fits I would replace your neck bearings and cups while you're there
tourbox

hey thanx for the reply... i haven't yet started but i want to gather as much info before i start wrenching. the exhaust from the 08 bolted right up on the 84 without a hitch. i will see what else will bolt right on and keep it posted... if anyone has any other experience putting 08 touring parts on an 84 touring, i'll heed the advice!!! thanx again!!:guitar

Back