free website stats program Front Cylinder Failed To Fire | Harley Davidson Forums

Front Cylinder Failed To Fire

90FXRS

Contributor
A buddy of mine brought his bike over last week. Said he say the check engine light illuminate a couple of times while he was riding. Plugged into it and saw this error. He was all set to buy a new coil and wires , even talked about the ecm being bad. Upon checking the basics, I found the threaded plug wire connector on the front plug was loose. Tightened it, checked the rear one as well, cleared the error. He called today, a week later, to tell me it's not flagged any errors since. Moral to the story.......check the obvious before throwing money at it.

Happened to me a couple years ago, check engine light would come on for a few miles and go out (intermittent) also thru a code. Now I always check the caps when changing plugs. Good reminder.

I had an intermittent CEL while in the mountains last week. I pulled the code, and googled it. "Rear cylinder no combustion". I used pliers to crimp the connector in the boot tighter, and put a spare plug in. 800 miles with no more CEL. Thanks to me for remembering how to retrieve codes, and thanks Google for telling me what the code meant.

There are often times we overlook the obvious good reminder

Brian

As had been said before always starting with the simplest common sense things when a problem arises more times than not gets problem corrected...
Great advice 90FXRS......

Back