free website stats program Front Brake Loss | Harley Davidson Forums

Front Brake Loss

Im having a problem with my 09 Dyna Super Glide. Over the weekend the front brake started to get week until I had no front brake so I took it home and checked it out. I checked the fluid and noticed that it had air in the system so I changed the fluid and bleed the system. The brake felt great like it was fixed. I took it out and the brake started to go away in about 2 miles until there was none. The system had more air in it what the (EDIT) there is no leaks I just dont know. The bike only has 5k on it.

==============================================

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack had problems with his front brake.Took it in twice to repair.I believe on the third time they replaced the master cylinder.

The system had more air in it

Are you sure there is actually air in the system, or does it "feel" like it has air. You did not say what method you used to bleed them but when you bleed them, you do see bubbles?
The rotor has no visible run out when you jack the bike off the ground and spin the wheel.

Have you checked your master cylinder gasket? If fluid can leak out then air can leak in. I over torqued mine and flattened the gasket and seemed to have the same symptoms.
WAP.gif

Yes it had air in the system just like if you put a new part on and had to bleed the air. The rotor is fine wheel spins free no drag. The method I used was like on a car pump the pedal/lever and hold it then open the bleeder and then close repeat untill just fluid comes out which took about three times.

=================================================

I did have some sweat around it but cleaned it and put it back no leaks at all. The only thing that I see in a low squeak when I squeeze the lever.

=================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
If the rotor is not warped (has no run out), it is possible #13 in PDF is bad. Your bike has a single front rotor correct?

Attachments

• Front_Master.pdf
    139.8 KB · Views: 19
Can I purchase a rebuild kit? If so do you recommend OE or aftermarket?

Yes, a complete kit is available. I would only go with Genuine HD on something like that.
I really find it strange you lost your brakes once again within 2 miles of bleeding.

Back