free website stats program freedom shields review | Harley Davidson Forums

freedom shields review

xjunky

Let me start by saying the the customer service is out standing & the quality is top notch! The shields come with a protective plastic wrap so if it's not right for you it can be returned.I ordered 4 shields so I could find the perfect one (ocd).I only returned 2 a friend of mine has the 9" & loves it.I ended up with the 8" I'm 5'8" with a 29" inseam riding 09 SG with a sundowner or c&c seat (c&c 1/2" lower) with no buffeting.I also think freedom shields look & fit better than stock.If you have dark tint batwing wind deflectors the dark gray matches very well.Mention HD Talking & John gives a 10% discount.

Sounds like a great company to do business with.

I too purchased from freedom shields for my FLHTCU, a 9" dark smoked. It works much, much better than the stock 12" that came on the bike and my my wife also says she gets less wind and noise as well. Their cusotmer service is 2nd to none.

I have a 7" dark grey sheild on my SG. Love it. Great product, great customer service.

Attachments

• DSCF0519.jpg
    DSCF0519.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF0516.jpg
    DSCF0516.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF0523.jpg
    DSCF0523.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF0518.jpg
    DSCF0518.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 101
I too bought the Freedom shield. First one was a 10". After awhile I discovered I'd sit up a little taller to get the kinks out of my back so I bought an 11". Now perfect. Could have tested the first a little longer as recommended, but needed the shield or a trip. Sold the 10" to a buddy and he loves it. Exceptional service and quality. Not sure you'll find a better shield out there, especially for the price. If you do, you must have went down on your head while not wearing your helmet and you're not thinking :small3d031:

I have been looking at the Freedom Shields to replace my shorty. But, I also noticed the Fast Aire Aero Windshield. The Aero is made with Polycarbonate and even though it is .138 thick, it should be very strong.
I can not find any specs on the Freedom shileds other than the great reviews. Anybody have the specs?

Both seem to be decent shields and both have the recurve...but I am undecided at this point.:small3d031:

Had a 12" standard shield on my 07 ultra. After a call to John at Freedom Sheilds decided on a 8" light tint. I had surfed and read alot of posts before choosing. John is a great person to talk with and will answer any questions you have. The test and return policy a plus too. I've used it for a couple weeks now and am very impressed. I see over it easily and is a real improvement at night and in the rain. My wife said she notices no difference on the back. So if it's a good thing for me and a no change for her then it's a keeper. Would reccomend.

Back