free website stats program FP3 Auto Tune | Harley Davidson Forums

FP3 Auto Tune

rusntx

Wondering if anyone with an FP3 has run auto tune and noticed any difference from V&H canned tunes per setup? Thinking of trying it out just for the heck of it. My 14 RK is running just fine with the canned settings...can it get better with auto tune IDK? Thx

Thx Jack, info there pretty much suggests if running same "canned" setup as your bike configuration seems auto tune would provide minimal benefit if any. Might be fun to play with the auto tune feature... maybe one day I'll give it a go for the heck of it.

Thx Jack, info there pretty much suggests if running same "canned" setup as your bike configuration seems auto tune would provide minimal benefit if any. Might be fun to play with the auto tune feature... maybe one day I'll give it a go for the heck of it.

The good thing is I think you will still have that map that you downloaded from V&H for your bike set up. So if you play with auto tune you can always go back to the canned map should you choose to without going through the download step.

Cheers,

TQ

I am auto-tuning between upgrade steps. It adjusts according to your riding, elevation, local fuel, all kinds of things. I found that it made a considerable positive impact. Like TQuentin said, you can always go back to the stock map or any of theirs too so nothing to lose.

Good info, once the rain ends think I'll give it a go, as mentioned can always go back to previous set up. Thanks

I find that if You adjust AFR after Auto tune that You can feel more performance.I have 3 tunes that I keep.14.4 AFR,14.3 AFR and 14.0 AFR.I run the 14.0 AFR most of the time.

The question I have is are there only a prescribed number of re-flashes that you can do to a ECM or is the number infinite.

You can do as many reflashes as needed, but I think there is a limit to the number of configurations that the FP3 will store (6 I think). After that I think it starts over-writing, or a previous configuration will have to be deleted to store a new one. I no longer have one so I can't go out and try it to see.

Cheers,

TQ

There are 6 storage locations and 1 for the stock map.Yes, if You fill them all,You will have to erase 1 in order to create a new one.

Back