free website stats program Forward control footpegs with heel rests. | Harley Davidson Forums

Forward control footpegs with heel rests.

C908

I have been looking at forward control foot pegs with heel rests. I was wondering if anyone is using them and if so how do you like them. I noticed today on my new Wide Glide after a couple hundred miles I felt like I needed support under my heels. Thanks for your comments.

I have been using them for about a year.
I bought some of ebay that were cheap Kury ISo copies and they work great.
I have big feet and find them very comfortable on long distance rides and even around town.
The heel plate locks in with a lock type washer and the footpeg tightens from the end with an allen key screw. Be sure to undo the allen key screw and add some locktite to stop it backing out.
Dont be tempted to adjust the heel plate too low or you will scrape it on corners, adjust it up more horizontally it will still be more comfortable than just foot pegs
Cheers

I got a set off of JC Whitney for around $40.00. They are a knock off of the Kurly ones but not as high a quality. Thought I'd try them and if I liked them enough I would buy better ones but have been pleasantly suprised at how nice they work and are standing up. Easy install on my '08 FXDC.

I have them on my Fatboy and think they are money well spent. I have ones from HD. I talked my wife into poutting them on her Street Bob and she likes them as well.

Wife has them on her wide glide and loves them on the odd occasion that i ride her bike they do feel fine

Brian

Just to see iff you need or want heel rests try substituting a longer (3") cap screw for the shorter one. I rode like this for a season and was a lot more comfortable.

Attachments

• PEG3.jpg
    PEG3.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 59
I have the H-D heel rests on my Wide Glide and absolutely love them. They are extremely comfortable and also look really sharp. They cost around $120 each not including the pegs.

HeelrestsonWG2.jpg

HeelrestsonWG4.jpg

HeelrestsonWG3.jpg

Back