free website stats program Forum URL Redirection Terminated. Could Lose Members. | Harley Davidson Forums

Forum URL Redirection Terminated. Could Lose Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RibEye

Older members will know that this forum used to be HDTalking.com. For various reasons, the name and url (internet address) was changed to hdtimeline.com. However, ever since the change, there has been a retention of the original url, which got redirected to the new url when entered. With that redirection, some old members may not have updated their links to the site.

The problem is recent, a bit over a week or two. The old url no longer redirects to this newer one, here. For folks coming here via the old url, the site now appears to have simply ceased operation, and has gone dead. This happened to me, and I thought that this forum was now gone. However, I stumbled upon a link to the new url, and clicked it, to see what would happen, and behold, this site is not dead, It simply no longer presents when accessing it via HDTalking.com.

OK. I may not be the only one who had not updated the link used to access this site. I have been here since 2009. There may be others, and, like me, they may think that this site has gone dead. I suggest that folks try to contact older members, and let them know that this site is still here, and how to get here.

Maybe the mod staff could sent out a global email to all members, letting them know that the redirection of the old url to the newer one has ceased but that this site is still here, and how to access it.

That is all,
Rich P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back