free website stats program Fortyeight? | Harley Davidson Forums

Fortyeight?

mkprac

Hi guys, Just joined. I’m a long time rder of over forty years and a couple years ago sold my Harley XR1200. Wanted to go with a cruiser and loved the looks of the Fortyeight and test rode it three times, Hated the riding position so bought an Indian Scout 60, great bike! However I keep getting drawn back to the Fortyeight. If I could change the riding position I would get one! I don’t want to change the looks so has anyone shortened the reach to the bars (My biggest issue) without going with ape hangers? Maybe just 2” risers and tip the bars back a little? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Mike

The angle of the top clamp will also move the bars back some with risers. Then there are pullback risers that curve rearward for more setback. One thing I have found is that it doesn't take a lot of inches with bars or risers to make a big change in seating & reach.

You may also want to look into forward controls to change your riding position, if they are available for the Fortyeight

forwards will bend u forward in a U shape. not great for your lower back after an hour or so of riding. And you need the leg reach ;)

Back