free website stats program Formafunnel Oil funnel | Harley Davidson Forums

Formafunnel Oil funnel

I bought one for my last oil change. Price was $24.95 +tax and was only available at NAPA Auto Parts in my area. It was an expensive tool (?) and didn't really work on the oil filter (my intended use). Since the flange on the oil filter butts up against the case of the engine, there was no way to get it to go completely under the oil filter and divert the oil. Perhaps I just didn't try hard enough to look for a different option for shoving it under the filter area, I'll try a little harder next time.

With that said, it is a really great device and I can see many more uses for it and am glad I bought it. It is well made with top quality materials. It cleans up really nice, I contorted the heck out of mine and thought great, I'l never get this thing flat and back to it's original shape. When I was done I put it flat on the garage floor and put a piece of cardboard on it, then tried to flatten it out the best I could with a bench weight, to my surprise it flattened itself out nice and I was able to put it back in it's shipping cardboard and store it conveniently.

I will repeat I was glad I purchased it, but feel like it is about $9.99 over-priced, it should run about $15.99, but you get what you pay for I guess, and I also suppose we are used to paying inflated prices for the stuff we buy for our bikes.

It was an expensive tool (?) and didn't really work on the oil filter (my intended use). Since the flange on the oil filter butts up against the case of the engine, there was no way to get it to go completely under the oil filter and divert the oil.

Funny, unless I was imagining things, this is exactly what they do several times in the video on the site. I'll have to go back and watch it again. Of course ads always make it look like the product can do just about anything!!!

I use a cut down 2 litre soda bottle with the cap still on, up tight against the filter works real good,I think there is a picture in the self help section, if not just cut a window in the bottle and try it :D

I'm with Dogmeat. I use aluminum foil as well, nothing to clean up!

Funny thing is, thats what I had done in the past and will likely go back to that in the future (I'm gonna give the funnel one more try, and pay closer attention to it's placement), still not disappointed in its purchase because I can see many more uses for it, but I am disappointed in the price and it not working like I intended on my bike.

Back