free website stats program fork tube size ? | Harley Davidson Forums

fork tube size ?

murf

Thinking of changing to "classic" style F & R fenders. Are the fork tubes still 39mm for the '92.

Thinking of changing to "classic" style F & R fenders. Are the fork tubes still 39mm for the '92.

If you mean "Electra Glide Classic" fenders, no the front won't fit. The Electra Glide (and Heritage Classic) are wide glides, thier fenders won't fit between your tubes. You can get full look fenders for narrow glides from several places. As for rear, you can probably make a classic fender fit, but I can't say what's involved.

Last edited:
Thanks again Steve, your list shows I should have showa 39mm tubes. Is there a "showa" stamped somewhere on them. ? Man, this forum is a never ending well of knowledge.

Last edited:
Thanks again Steve, your list shows I should have showa 39mm tubes. Is there a "showa" stamped somewhere on them. ? Man, this forum is a never ending well of knowledge.

Murph; "Showa" should be cast into the inside of the fork tubes. I can't remember just where, but it's very unnoticeable, I think you may have to have the wheel off, or the caliper to find it. I know my '92 has it.

On my 87 XLH it was stamped behind where the fender mounts,might have to take the fender off to se it.

Thanks guys, If I can get the right fenders I think it'll make the bike llook more like what I'm envisioning. Not doing anything though until I get it home and together and see it in that state.

Back