free website stats program Fork/tool bag contents? | Harley Davidson Forums

Fork/tool bag contents?

The Rook

OK, so I have a '96 sportster and was wondering what would be the best collection of tools to put in a fork/tool bag.

So what do you guys/gals think?

As always thanks in advance.

Some of the answers depend on the fasteners on your bike
i carry a set of spanners plug spanner pliers screwdriver with multiple heads locking pliers adjustable spanner set of allen keys and a set of torx keys spare set of spark plugs some nuts and bolts zip ties fuses and bulbs
then after every trip add whatever i needed and didn't have the last time
i don't have any torx fasteners on my bike but couldn't help a fellow rider one time as he needed i t27 to open a cover so as well as your own bike you need to be ready to help others

Brian

so as well as your own bike you need to be ready to help others
Wow! I didn't think of that. I'm mostly antisocial but I almost have to fight people off when I have troubles on the side of the road(people are so nice).

Perhaps it's time for a change.

Duct tape, thread lock, bailing wire, and vise grips.

Honestly, my tool bag will change on how far I am going. Around town, plugs (already gaped and protected from bumbs), plug wrench. Over the road, tire tools (plugs for mags, tube for spokes) socket and ratchet for axles, plugs, enough fuel line to siphon with, and if I feel unlucky any oddball tool I might need on a Friday night.

Back