free website stats program fork oil wt | Harley Davidson Forums

fork oil wt

just4u

Banned
I called the Harley dealer today to ask them what weight fork oil is "type E" they told me they did not know. well that's not very helpfull. so I put Amsoil 20 wt in which says it is the same as H-D type E . Does anybody know what weight H-D type is ?? Harley doesn't know. If I put a heavier weight in than stock what would be the difference??

Thanks Glider, That might explain why when I turn around on a street say at 2-5mph with brakes slightly pressed the front endseems to hop on the tire grooves. I have been getting my 06 hritage ready for a 2700 road trip,one of the things I did, (as suggested by a H-D machanic) was to switch from the stock H-D type E to Amsoil 20wt. he said it would be the same, I guess not. would this fliud change cause this.?? thanks PJ

Sure would! The heavier the oil the stiffer the front end is. 20 WT is similar to the SE racing fork oil and the 15 WT (SE heavy) I tried was very stiff, so I went back to the 10 WT, just right.

Glider ,thanks again, the harley shop is closed today, so that leaves wednesday the soonest I can get their, we're leaving for the road trip early friday, and R&R the fork is the last thing to do. thanks again Glider:) PJ

as said 15 can be heavy next time i change mine im going to find 12.5 or mix some 10 and 15

Glider ,thanks again, the harley shop is closed today, so that leaves wednesday the soonest I can get their, we're leaving for the road trip early friday, and R&R the fork is the last thing to do. thanks again Glider:) PJ

go to any bike dealer and get bel ray fork oil it works fine and is green so easy to tell if you have a leak later

Back