free website stats program Fork noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Fork noise

BTrain

I have a 08 Night Train, great bike all around, but I am hearing a kinda loose sounding knock somewhere in the forks, where they mount to the bike. It doesn't do that all the time, it just seems to knock when I when I roll over some bumps in the road. Does anyone know what that could be? is it normal or could something really be loose and a safety hazzard. It is 2 months old and I'm concerned about it. So if anyone has experienced that on say any softtail I'm open hears on what it could be. Thanks.

James

Cool, I just have a hard time believing something is loose already on a new bike, but maybe. I've grabbed the forks and shook pushed and pulled, but don't hear it unless I'm on the road. I guess I'll have them ride it and hopefully they hear it and get rid of it. Thank You

Cool, I just have a hard time believing something is loose already on a new bike, but maybe. I've grabbed the forks and shook pushed and pulled, but don't hear it unless I'm on the road. I guess I'll have them ride it and hopefully they hear it and get rid of it. Thank You

Very common on new bikes. I had to do my steering head adjustment at 400 miles, it was knocking pretty badly.

Back