free website stats program Fork mounted wind delectors and soft lowers | Harley Davidson Forums

Fork mounted wind delectors and soft lowers

cowpoke

I had a road king with the staight version worked well. I have a street glide now with the recurved ones and they also work very well, had lots of wind around my face until i put them on.

For the Touring bikes, 09 Glides (classic)

Do the fork mounted wind deflectors work ?

Does anyone have a comparison between the new version which seem more rounded

# 57400146 90 seen here
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...CatEntryType=2

and the older ones which are more straight # 58121-85B seen here

http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson...1776&ez=&pos=2

Also, the soft lowers that go on the crash bars, how do they work as far as the wind goes, do they help ?

I had the old ones and now have the new ones, the older model to me is better.

I don't love the look of the "fangs" on my forks, but I do like how they deflect air from hitting the tank and coming up. They stay on always. I absolutely love soft lowers. They are very effective in rain and cold. The best part is on or off in less than 1 minute with no tools, and take up next to no space in the bags.

The wind deflectors worked great on my 08 egc, but the soft lowers deflect more wind into your chest area. I didn't use them much in the winter time because of this. Too cold. I'd rather have cold legs that frosty ait blowing up under my helmet and in my face.

I was having a lot of problems with buffeting on my new street glide. So I mounted the lower HD curved fork deflectors and was instantly pleased with the results. Especially below 65 but a lot of my miles are interstate so I have more work to do still. Maybe fairing deflectors and a different/taller shield.

I was having a lot of problems with buffeting on my new street glide. So I mounted the lower HD curved fork deflectors and was instantly pleased with the results. Especially below 65 but a lot of my miles are interstate so I have more work to do still. Maybe fairing deflectors and a different/taller shield.

I have the adjustable fairing deflectors that mount on the bottom curve (both sides) of the fairing. I really appreciate how effective they are in inclement weather, and opening them just right, really gives me a blast of air. Nice in the Summer months.

I have the adjustable fairing deflectors that mount on the bottom curve (both sides) of the fairing. I really appreciate how effective they are in inclement weather, and opening them just right, really gives me a blast of air. Nice in the Summer months.

I've been keeping my eye on a pair, think I'll pull the trigger on them before my next overnighter.

I haven't personally used them but I've heard a few people say they hinder gas mileage, can affect your power on the Hiway and will act like a sail in heavy wind. It might just be a matter of weighing the pros vs the cons though. Good protection from the elements would be nice.

Back