free website stats program Forgot the FOB!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Forgot the FOB!!

Mongo1958

Man, I felt like a real goober! After going to the store to get a few things, the bike did not start. I then realized the FOB was still at the house. Man!:rofl Anyway, I had my step son pick me up and take me to the house to find the FOB.:small3d023:

Now you will pull the little card out of your owners manual and put it in your wallet, so you can start it without the fob. :s
My problem was (yea, I did it too), that I was so frustrated with myself, it took me 20 minutes to get calm enough to follow the instructions. :small3d023:

Let's all have a training exsercise on "how to turn off security system" so it will be easy to do in the field! LOL :D

Yep I have the back of a business card with my preprogrammed signal sequence code in my wallet at all times. Got it written down real clear where a dumb redneck like me can understand it.

I also keep the card from the owners manual with my code on it in my wallet in case 1) I forget the fob, 2) the FOB battrey dies while I'm out.

Question: Is there a way to change the pre-set code? The dealer gave me the code after they installed it but never said if I could change it to something easy I can remember.

Yes there is. If I remember correctly it is, or was, on the card.
WAP.gif

The instructions on how to identify your code and change it should also be in your owners manual. I read mine the other nite for my 2012 UC.

Read in your manual on how to change the pin on the code.Make it something YOU will remember.Then you don't have to call anyone to rescue you.
I only did it once before I changed the pin.:lolrolling

Back