free website stats program Ford made some money in 2009 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ford made some money in 2009

Mavagrand

Ford turned a profit in 2009!! Good for them. Proof free enterprise works when the government stays outta the way.

fair play with every other manufacturer either making a loss or going under, Saab or bailed out by governments

Good for Ford, not taking the government blood money. But better news for SAAB owners now that GM agreed to sell to Spyker. We're excited as we have 3 SAABs in the family and have owned the brand since 88.

I wouldn't touch a GM or Chrysler right now.

I've never bought a Ford in my life but if I were to buy a new vehicle that's the first place I would go.

The fed should've never gotten involved in the car industry.

Steve, I'm not sure about the end result, but Chapter 11 is what they should've done. Restructuring would have been better for the company than a majority ownership by the Fed....any day of the week.

I think there are a ton of Americans (and Canadians ;-)) who feel that way which is why Ford is making money.

Yes, kudos to Ford for doing the right thing.

Ford saw this mess coming and decided to sell off a few of thier other companys to help keep thier head above water, I still say it helps having the best selling vehicle (FSeries) for 31 years and that loyal base of fan to pay your bills, I still think that GM closed down the wrong branch when they decided to do away with the Pontiac Brand, The pontiac by far designed and build the sharpest car line of the others. Just my 2 cents. Peace

Ford always seems to do ok in the uk i think the models they produce for our market tends to be the right model at the right time

Brian

i have had a 2002 f-150 4.6l auto in my family since new, it has only been to shop 1 time , due to that cruise control recall, never any problems at all, QUALITY speaks for itself.

I never cared for Pontiac. They looked decent but were put together cheaply. My sister had a Pontiac GrandAm with ground effects. It looked real good but, going down the road it would squeak and rattle from the shoddy workmanship. It was so bad, the front cowling vibrated loose. I used zipties to tighten it up long enough for her to sell it.

Ohh, and don't forgot that travesty they brought out a few years ago calling it the new GTO...puuhhhleeaase. I couldn't believe it when I saw one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was (am) a big Trans Am lover. Not every year, but most of them. I also loved the old GTO's of the day.

The new GTO was a Grand Am with a V8. I thought it was a joke.

Remember years ago when they re-released the LeMans? It was like...a reborn Chevette. Another joke.

On a different note, has anyone noticed how similar the new Camaro and the Dodge Challenger are? Its like Hollywood. They can't come up with anything new or innovative in that type of car so they bring out retreads that aren't overly inventive or ground-breaking. Not that I don't like the new Camaro, but its not anything I'd buy. I've had a couple Magnums and a new Charger. The Challenger is just that with some different body panels. The interiors are pretty much identical. (a cheap version of a Chrysler 300)

But thats only my view. Like most things...its subjective.

Back