free website stats program For the ladies........... | Harley Davidson Forums

For the ladies...........

pookibr

How many of you do your own service? If you do, were you handy with tools and knew what you were doing before you did? I would like to learn how to do some stuff but have no idea what to do.:small3d015:

grab a manual for your model / year and follow Gliders link just take your time and your on your way :D

Let me explain about the self help area for all you male and female couch potatoes out there that don't look there.

The forum is broken up into different parts like fuel, front end (anything to do with it) brakes/tires, electrical etc. etc. so when you have a problem/question go to that section and read :D

It's amazing what else you will find in there too.

I have on occasions been asked by lady riders for help on their bikes this has ranged from servicing to much more complicated problems on every occasion i have insisted that they help me with the task so that they in turn can complete the same task themselves at a later date as time goes on i see less and less of the ladies in question

so had you been in my area you could have come round and id have given you a few pointers on where to start

so it would be handy for you to find a good spanner person in your area and get some help and tuition to get you started

Brian

If you can follow directions from a book get the service manual for your bike and get the tools needed I don't see why almost anyone couldn't do their own periodic service.

Hi pookibr,
I not only do my own service I also do the service on many of my friends bikes and cars. I love that kind of work. Yes, I would say I am handy with tools. I would rather move a wall or staircase than figure out what color to paint them. I have all the tools in the neighborhood that everyone always needs to borrow--it's funny how they end up often needing a hand.

There is nothing you can't do if you have the desire, patients and info to get it done. The manual and this site should get you far and if you have any other questions probably local shops can answer them or drop me a line, I would be happy to help!
CatWoman

Back