free website stats program Footpegs- I just don't get it | Harley Davidson Forums

Footpegs- I just don't get it

Cory

:wall I've looked, and I've googled, and I just can't figure it out for the life of me..:wall

on the purty Engine Guard for sportys... how do you keep the clamps for the foot pegs from spinning on the guard itself, even when torqued to the proper settings?!

My left peg seems to stay still, but my right one shifts a LITTLE bit with each decent bump.

Oh yeah, and one of the allen head bolt heads stripped as I tried to take it out to try and retorque it...:wall

Any tips/tricks while I go and get more bolts from the shop tomorrow?

Brass shim stock (use spray contact adhesive to hold it in place) or "Duct tape" in a "pinch" works fine.:s

Are you the 3 piece clamps or the Kuryakyn quick clamps?
My quick clamps hold like they are bolted straight thru the guard and I am a big boy!
Don

they're the 3 piece from harley.the ones that go for about 100 bucks without the pegs themselves.

Thanks Biglew, forgot about all those silly beer cans tossed in my Blue Recycle bin outside...:s No use going to the store, if you got the materials close by AND doing your EARTH FIRST interpretation. :D

Back