free website stats program Footpeg options for 2007 XL883L??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Footpeg options for 2007 XL883L???

Redcap

Hey folks,

Did a search but couldn't find anything so here goes...

I noticed that all the footpegs say that they will not fit the 07 XL883L. What gives? Anyone out here figure the reason for this or an adapter to overcome this issue? I hate the stock pegs, especially the little claw that sticks down and seems to love to catch on the edge of my boot.

Thanks for your help... looks like I will be fine. Strange though that even the HD site doesn't allow you to customize foot pegs on the 883L. If I get a chance I will take a pic of the stock pegs today for you just to make sure.

It could be a cautionary measure by HD legal. I can think of an instance where a manufacturer' footpeg/bracket assy on a new model was too low, that even in a modest turn on an offramp or onramp, would imbed itself into the tarmac unweighting the rear wheel or front wheel causing accidents. NTSA and a whole lot of regulatory and consumer advocates weighted in soon after. You can imagine what happened to the bike with major redesign/recall mid-year rather than 4 year customary design cycle most metrics go through.

It could be a cautionary measure by HD legal. I can think of an instance where a manufacturer' footpeg/bracket assy on a new model was too low, that even in a modest turn on an offramp or onramp, would imbed itself into the tarmac unweighting the rear wheel or front wheel causing accidents. NTSA and a whole lot of regulatory and consumer advocates weighted in soon after. You can imagine what happened to the bike with major redesign/recall mid-year rather than 4 year customary design cycle most metrics go through.

Okay, first off, here is the pic of the pegs...

3480944673_d1487b86e3_o.jpg

The metal point that is coming off the end is what bugs me, it likes to catch on my boot when I put my feet up. This is also the part that looks like a safety addition. I think I will email HD right now to see what they say.

EDIT: Okay... called a couple of dealers and was told that their pegs would fit fine, but HD requires that they stipulate against replacement due to the low position of the bike and pegs. Both dealers said they would replace the pegs but would recommend against replacing the pegs with a longer peg. I noticed that they all mention other models as well such as the "'07-later XL883L, XL883N, XL1200N, '09-later XR1200™, '08-later FXDB, FXDF, FXCW/C, '02-later VRSC™ and '09-later FLHTCUTG models".

Anyone here replace their pegs on any of these models???

Last edited:
Back