free website stats program Footboard extenders | Harley Davidson Forums

Footboard extenders

Duffer

I am thinking about putting on some footboard extenders. Am leaning towards the Kuryakyn (part #4588 1”out 1”forward). I have read the past post on this and understand the scraping issues and all but, hey, that’s why they fold up, right?
My question is, do I need to do anything with the brake pedal and shifter such as extending those as well. I currently use the heel shift but have no problem getting rid of it. I know some of you have these or something similar and any info would be greatly appreciated. 05 FLHRCI by the way.

I put a pair of floorboard extenders on my 09 Road Glide. It moved the floorboards out about an inch. Much more comfortable and I didn't have to change the shift lever or the brake lever. My feet find them just fine.

I put a pair from Harleygoodies on my 09 RG. Moved out the boards by 1". It does make a big difference in the ride and it's an easy instal. Just make sure you run a nut down and back on the chromed bolt to clear out any excess chrome and ensure easier assembly when installing them.

I put a pair from Harleygoodies on my 09 RG. Moved out the boards by 1". It does make a big difference in the ride and it's an easy instal. Just make sure you run a nut down and back on the chromed bolt to clear out any excess chrome and ensure easier assembly when installing them.

I'm heading out to the garage to install these today - thanks for the tip!

What do you mean by "run a nut down and back on the chromed bolt"? I am planning to pick up a set of these extenders myself... Thanks for the info!!

He means to use the nut to "chase" the threads first, clean them out of any chrome flash etc.

Have them on my 08 FLHT and love them. I have big feet and may still get an extended shift lever (for one or the other) but it really helps. Mine are from Harleygoodies.

He means to use the nut to "chase" the threads first, clean them out of any chrome flash etc.

Have them on my 08 FLHT and love them. I have big feet and may still get an extended shift lever (for one or the other) but it really helps. Mine are from Harleygoodies.

AHHHHHHH... gotcha. Hey thanks brutha- I appreciate that!! I'll be ordering a set of these for my new baby on the way!!

I'm 6'7" and my knees would bug me alot and sometimes my hip too but since I put my extenders on no more problems at all. I did about 1000 mile trip last weekend and got home without one ache or pain. Tallboy seat is awesome too.

I'm 6'7" and my knees would bug me alot and sometimes my hip too but since I put my extenders on no more problems at all. I did about 1000 mile trip last weekend and got home without one ache or pain. Tallboy seat is awesome too.

Did you just extend them OUT an inch, or did you move them forward as well? Asking b/c I am 6'2", and had some comfort issues on my last bike. I really like what I am reading about these extenders, and am definitely going to pick some up!

Back