free website stats program Football air filter cover | Harley Davidson Forums

Football air filter cover

PaulWhite

I have a 07 Heritage and it has a football cover over it. It has a round K&N filter. My question is, would it hurt to run the bike with the football cover off and the filter open. I looks better with out the cover. Just wondering?

No problem at all. They also sell a trim plate that goes on the top of the filter to finish it off so it looks better.

I have a trim cover that was on my football cover the "ride to live live to ride cover. so it has a finished look. I was just wanting to knoow before I rode it too far. thanks. I didn't think it would but wanted to check fist.

If you're looking for more air without buying a new unit just space equal distance and drill 5, 1/2" holes in the bottom black plastic section of air cleaner cover. It's an old cheapie hop up trick from back in the day. Of course that ruins resale of the part if you do. but it will give you lots more air. If you don't have a better flowing exhaust than stock I would consider that also. If you're gonna feed it more clean air you want to let more bad air out. could get you 10 % or so more power.

I had a rain sock on my forcewinder, and that made a world of difference in the seattle rain.
Pretty much kept it on there all year.

Back